Saturday, March 20, 2010

March 20, 2010


Hi, my name is Matt and I have XYY syndrome. I have created this blog to show my viewers about my genetic disorder and write out my feelings. If anyone is listening or has anything to say that might help me please comment back!! I am 15 years old and going to school and trying to be "normal" is a hard job. XYY syndrome is a rare chromosomal disorder that affects just males. Most males have normal chromosomes which include one X and one Y but some how and some way I got "lucky" with an extra Y.


Everyone at school looks at me weird. I am tall and thin and have bad acne:( I always try to get girls but they don't dig the XYY thing. I am ashamed of it and don't tell anyone about it. My mom always says that I have antisocial behavior but I guess that's normal for a person with XYY syndrome. I also have learning/intelligence disabilities. I am doing good in school just to get a B. I have a younger sister named Kayla who is so sweet and smart. My IQ is about 10-15 points lower than hers just because of my genetic disorder.
Well I thought I would post this so that everyone can read it. Please help me!! Respond! Over and out
-Matt aka XYY Man

3 comments:

  1. I HAVE IT TO. HANG IN THERE IT GETS BETTER LATER ON. SO AGAIN HANG IN THERE BRO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pregnant and my son is believed to have XYY syndrome. Please email me at young.julia0803@gmail.com as I'd like to ask a few questions from someone who has this syndrome first hand. This will be my first child and I want to do everything I can to progress his learning development and help him- your advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I am pregnant and my son is believed to have XYY syndrome. Please email me at young.julia0803@gmail.com as I'd like to ask a few questions from someone who has this syndrome first hand. This will be my first child and I want to do everything I can to progress his learning development and help him- your advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete